Mamda and Mcma are the two main and oldest mutuals in Morocco. They have both offered a wide range of insurance, savings and retirement products for more than 50 years. They are legally and financially independent, but share common means (management, premises and commercial resources).
Founded in 1963, Mamda (Mutuelle agricole marocaine d’assurance*) propose des produits d'assurance couvrant l'ensemble du secteur agricole : l'agriculteur, son exploitation, ses cultures et son matériel. Elle a également mis en place une assurance Climat Multi-risques dédiée aux cultures de céréales et de légumineuses. Pour améliorer le processus d'indemnisation, Mamda a développé depuis 2011 un réseau de plus de 200 experts agricoles et a investi dans des systèmes d'information avancés (suivi par satellite, géolocalisation, règlements automatisés, etc.) ). Les efforts déployés ont permis de doubler le taux de pénétration des assurances agricoles au Maroc en l'espace de 5 ans.
Created in 1969, Mcma (Mutuelle centrale marocaine d’assurance**) offers a complete range of insurance products, excluding agricultural insurance, which remain in the Mamda domain, and more generally meets all the insurance needs of families and professionals. To remain faithful to the cardinal principles of mutualism, which are participation and democracy, Mcma encourages its members to group together according to regional or professional affinities or according to their own needs. The groups thus created serve as intermediaries between the members and the management. Finally, in 2014, MCMA created the Mutuelle Attamine Chaabi (MAC) with the Banque Centrale Populaire with a view to developing the bancassurance business with this own branch network.
Mamda is the leading agricultural and teacher insurer on the Moroccan market and MCMA-MAC is the leading life insurer on the Moroccan market.
* Moroccan agricultural mutual insurance company - ** Central Moroccan mutual insurance company
Supervisory & Management Boards
- Chair of the Supervisory Board: Abed YACOUBI SOUSSANE
- Chair of the Management Board: Hicham BELMRAH
- Agricultural Insurance (crops, equipment, farms, automobile, health, etc.)
- Property Insurance (Motor, Home, Accident, Liability, etc.)
- Life Insurance / Pension Savings
- Direct Distribution through exclusive agents (direct offices)
- Distribution of savings products through partner banking networks (Crédit Agricole du Maroc and Banque Centrale Populaire)
- Total Turnover: 7.7 billion dirhams (*) | €617M
Of which Non-Life Insurance: 2.16 billion dirhams | €161M
Of which Life Insurance: 5.54 billion dirhams | €456M
- Number of policies: 2M
- Number of policyholders: 2.9M
- Points of sales: 73 Agencies and Regional Offices
- Number of employees: 600
- Sales force: 274 agents
- Total Equity Capital: 17.2 billion dirhams | €1.65 billion
- Assets Under Management: 22.05 billion dirhams | €3.6 billion