Born out in January 2014 of the merger of Unipol Assicurazioni (founded in 1963) and the former Fondiaria-SAI (acquired by the Unipol Group in July 2012), UnipolSai Assicurazioni S.p.A is the Italian leader in the non-life insurance market. UnipolSai Assicurazioni is listed on the Stock Exchange with 66.68%* of its share capital owned by Unipol Gruppo Finanziario S.p.A., a holding company mainly controlled by cooperative companies.
Through its various subsidiaries, the Unipol Group offers a full range of life and non-life insurance and financial products, and is particularly active in the health sector. The Group also operates in the banking sector, real estate sector as well as in the hotel and agricultural industries.
Classified among the top ten in Europe, the Unipol Group is the second largest insurance group on the Italian market and first in non-life business. With 3 million devices installed, equal to a market share of around 60%, the Group is also leader of the European Motor Vehicle Black box policies.
Board of Directors and Managing Director
- Chair of the Board of Directors: Pierluigi STEFANINI
- Managing Director and Group CEO: Carlo CIMBRI
- Motor Vehicle Insurance/Telematics Insurance
- Home/Accident Insurance
- Health/Provident Insurance
- Life Insurance/Savings
- Banking Services/Consumer Lending/Asset Management
- Real Estate Business
- Other activities (hotel; agriculture)
- Total Turnover: €12,291M
Non-Life Insurance: €7,867M
Life Insurance: €4,424M
- Number of policies: more than 19 million
- Number of policyholders: more than 15 million
- Points of sales: 2,911 agencies and 5,519 sub-agencies, in addition to 263 bank branches
- Number of employees: 14,188
- Sales force: 4,480 agents
- Total Equity capital: €7,453M
- Assets under management: €61,400M
(Unipol Group 2017 figures)