IMA is a public limited company founded in 1981 by MAAF, MAIF and Macif – three major French mutual insurance companies – later joined by Matmut, Mutuelle des Motards, AGPM, MAPA..., with the aim of offering a high level of service to their policyholders. From emergency assistance to long-term support, today the IMA Group offers comprehensive assistance in the fields of secure mobility, the connected home, healthy living and legal advice.
Each year, the IMA Group provides assistance to close to 3 million persons among the 45 million beneficiaries, insured with its shareholders.
The IMA Group comprises 13 subsidiaries throughout Europe, Morocco and the United States, allowing for a real understanding of cultures and local needs.
Supervisory & Management Boards
- Chair of the Supervisory Board: Daniel HAVIS
- Chair of the Management Board: Claude SARCIA
- Safe mobility
- Motor and transport
- Travel and medical
- Connected and secure Home
- Protection of property and persons
- Health, Well-being
- Home assistance, Life course support
IMA distributes its contracts among the professional sector, including insurance companies, bank-insurance operators, health mutuals and organisations, pension institutions, car manufacturers, vehicle rental companies and large retailers. IMA's clients and shareholders can choose whether to provide the services and assistance under their brand name or the IMA brand name.
- Number of beneficiaries: Over 45 million
- Number of insurance claims: Over 3,000,000 insurance claims handled (IMA Group)
Network of service providers:
55,000 professionals selected in France and worldwide
190 airlines (7 of which have commercial and operational agreements with IMA)
9,000 listed heathcare facilities (hospitals and clinics)
150 technical and medical contacts
- Number of employees: 4,446 employees in seven countries
- Total Equity capital: €202.4M
- Assets under management: €66.5M