MACIF is a mutual insurance company founded in 1960 by a group of tradesmen and industrialists based in Niort. Its activities quickly grew to provide insurance for employees in industry and trade and in 1996 the company started offering services for all private individuals.
The Group is now active in various insurance sectors. Its expertise revolves around 3 center activities Accident insurance (motoring, home, leisure), provident and life insurance (individual & collective), Pension savings / Financial services but also asset management. Mutual-benefit values are at the heart of everything the Group does. It counts more than five million members who mutualise their risks in order to protect what is essential to everyone: life, family and property.
MACIF Group manages more than 18 million insurance policies and is a touchstone on the French property and life insurance market.
Board of Directors & General Management
- Chair of the Board of Directors: Pascal Michard
- Managing Director: Adrien Couret
- Damage Insurance (Motor - Home - Accident - All-risk)
- Health/Provident Insurance
- Finance/Savings (Life Insurance - Banking Products - Financial Services)
- Asset management
- Direct distribution
- Online sale on www.macif.fr
- Total Turnover: €6,208M
Of which Non-Life Insurance: €3,210M
Of which Life Insurance/Savings: €1,942M
Of which Health/Provident Insurance: €1,056M
- Number of policies: more than 18 million
- Number of policyholders: 5.4 million
- Points of sales: 504 branches and 29 call centres
- Number of employees: 10,365
Including a sales force of 3,954 employees in sales roles
- Total Equity Capital: €3,105M
- Insurance business investments: €34,23M