MACIF is a mutual insurance company founded in 1960 by a group of tradesmen and industrialists based in Niort. Its activities quickly grew to provide insurance for employees in industry and trade and in 1996 the company started offering services for all private individuals.
The Group is now active in various insurance sectors (motoring, home, accident cover, provident and life insurance) but also in the banking sector and asset management. Mutual-benefit values are at the heart of everything the Group does. It counts more than five million members who mutualise their risks in order to protect what is essential to everyone: life, family and property.
MACIF Group manages more than 18 million insurance policies and is a touchstone on the French property and life insurance market.
Board of Directors & General Management
- Chair of the Board of Directors: Alain MONTARANT
- Managing Director: Jean-Marc RABY
- Damage Insurance (Motor - Home - Accident - All-risk)
- Health/Provident Insurance
- Finance/Savings (Life Insurance - Banking Products - Financial Services)
- Asset management
- Direct distribution
- Online sale on www.macif.fr
- Total Turnover: €6,100M
Of which Non-Life Insurance: €3,100M
Of which Life Insurance/Savings: €2,200M
Of which Health/Provident Insurance: €795M
- Number of policies: 18.2 million
- Number of policyholders: nearly 5.2 million
- Points of sales: 535 branches and 35 call centres
- Number of employees: 10,000
Including a sales force of around 5,000 employees in sales roles
- Total Equity Capital: €3,178M
- Insurance business investments: €30,988M